A Year in Review…
A Year in Review…
They say a year can go by in the blink of an eye. As we celebrate our first year at IAJN, no words could be more true – in fact, I find myself astounded to have achieved so much in such a short period of time.
When we reflect back on our successes (and challenges) it feels magical to see how the business has organically grown. I love how at IAJN we have committed ourselves to being proactive and responsive, to embracing innovation and remaining committed to understanding our stakeholder needs - and going to all lengths to meet them. We have thrust ourselves out there at full speed and as a result enjoy a presence through our alumni network and employers in 20 countries across Asia as well as 6 world class education destinations in the USA, UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand and Europe. In such a short space of time we have a reach that spans the globe.
Throughout this time of growth and innovation, we have remained constant in one very important area since day one: Our network is worth nothing if it does not provide value to the 100,000 strong alumni population that participate in it.
We remain as committed as ever to providing a platform to connect graduates and experienced alumni with career pathways and executive opportunities, with training and development and further education prospects and with each other, through mentoring programs, events and more.
Some highlights of the past twelve months include:
- Launching the first ever platform specifically to connect returned international students with meaningful employment in Asia.
- Working with over 100 international employers who value the candidate who boasts an international education along with bilingualism, global perspective and more.
- Forging partnerships of value with governments, institutions, associations.
- Building a diverse, international team of talented individuals across offices in 2 countries (Hong Kong & Vietnam)
- Participating in events in Australia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Singapore.
- Engaging and working with partners to ensure additional value to members and stakeholders.
The first year is the steep learning curve, where we find our place in the market, where we build relationships and the brand. But year two, that’s when the real excitement happens!
Our plans for the coming months:
- Launching a global first, the IAJN International Student and Alumni Survey in partnership with Nielsen.
- Continuing to expand our services to alumni in the professional development arena through partners in Australia, Vietnam, Malaysia and beyond.
- Hosting international post graduate education fairs across 3 countries.
- Exploring interaction with all stakeholders via virtual platforms.
- Engaging more partners, more employers and continuing to consistently increase our network of international alumni.
We are proud of our journey so far, and we acknowledge that we wouldn’t have come so far without support. To those who have sponsored, partnered, advertised and engaged with IAJN – thank you. To our community of alumni who have embraced us from day one, who have shown nothing but gratitude and appreciation for what we continue to deliver them, IAJN would be nothing without you. And finally to the IAJN team and those who have worked with us over the past year to build it into what it is now – I am the luckiest leader ever, to work with people who are as passionate about our ethos as Shane Dillon (Co-Founder) and I am. A new business doesn’t work unless there are dedicated people behind it, bringing it to life – thank you IAJN team!
Stick with us, stay engaged, keep offering us feedback and telling us what you need.
Our first year may be over, and what an exciting year it has been, but I urge you; watch this space – the best is yet to come!