IT Professionals advance their careers at IAJN seminar and networking event
On March 13th IAJN held a seminar and networking event discussing 'Career Advancement in IT'. The event brought together alumni, industry and educators to discuss how best IT professionals can advance their careers in a very dynamic industry.
Alongside the opportunity to network, the audience heard from an experienced panel consisting of;
- Quang Nguyen – Agile coach, trainer, maker, culture influencer – DEK Technologies
- Professor Charles Arcodia – Associate Professor– Griffith University, Queensland, Australia
- Ma Van Poc – ICT Manager, Australian Alumnus, 12 years of experience within the IT industry - De Heus LLC
The panel discussion, facilitated by IAJN Founder Shane Dillon, covered many topics including Agile Management, how to develop continual learning practices, the importance of soft skills, and vital links between education and industry.
Advice offered to the audience from panelists included:
- Choose a university with strong connections to the industry to ensure job outcomes
- Gain real experience during university by taking a part-time job or internship.
- Continuous improvement – keep learning!
- Network and build a strong group of likeminded professionals and mentors
Many connections were made and attendees had a chance to seek information to help them decide on their next steps within the IT industry.
IAJN were delighted to have such a great group of alumni and partners join the event and extend a big thank you to everyone who joined the event and to our panelists.
Would you like to get professional advice on your education and career?
Our Student Services Manager, Ms Tram Anh is available for one on one information sessions. Please contact her at email@example.com and she will contact you to schedule a meeting.